Eggs are among the most versatile food items one can prepare. Even in its most basic forms like scrambled, poached, or soft boiled, a humble egg can be a filling and tasty snack or a perfect breakfast. One just needs to buy good quality eggs from Hillandale Farms Pennsylvania, and prepare it in any manner they want. However, to perfectly cook eggs, one would need a few basic tools.
Hillandale Farms Pennsylvanialists tools needed to prepare varying egg dishes
Eggs are likely to be the very first food item one learns to cook. To perfect egg dishes, one would need time, practice, and the right tools. The old non-stick from college is not enough for making creamy, soft-scrambled eggs. Here are a few kitchen tools that one would need to be able to make almost any type of egg dish:
- Saucepan: To make a perfect soft-boiled, hard-boiled, or an egg with a wonderful jam-like yolk, one would need a saucepan. A medium-size saucepan can do much more than boil or poach eggs. It can be used for pasta, oatmeal, soup, and more.
- Mixing Bowls: People can use a mixing bowl to scramble their eggs properly, combine ingredients for an egg salad or even use it to provide an ice bath to boiled eggs. It would be prudent to have multiple sizes of mixing bowls at home for varying occasions.
- Nonstick Skillet: A nonstick pan is important for making sure the fried eggs slide right off onto the plate. Nonstick pan or skillet is convenient for making various wet foods, and can help achieve the perfect French omelets.
- Dutch oven: A Dutch oven can be of a huge help to anyone with a large family. It is ideal for a simple but flavorful baked egg dish that just requires a bunch of eggs and a few additions. One can even use eggs, a lot of shredded cheese, and roasted veggies to make an amazing brunch in the oven. If one needs to poach eggs for the entire family, a wide Dutch oven would have all the space needed to make the process simpler.
- Silicone Spatula: People who love soft, golden, and almost custardy scrambled eggs should definitely buy a heat-safe spatula. It helps make scrambled eggs with beautiful waves.
- Fish Spatula: A fish spatula can be used in multiple ways, right from flipping hefty American-style omelets to helping a person make crispy, olive oil fried eggs.
- Cast Iron Griddle: One can use a cast iron griddle to make eggs, pancakes, sausages, and more, all at once. Cast-iron retains heat well and evenly. Its seasoned, non-stick surface is ideal for making fried eggs, no matter whether one is making food for one or ten.
In addition to the above-mentioned tools, having an egg timer in the kitchen can be of great help while preparing eggs from Hillandale Farms Pennsylvania. One can just place the timer in a pot of eggs and boiling water, and watch the color of the timer change as per the temperature.